Lauren Metzger, LCSW
Life is a journey, and Lauren values your openness in allowing her to be part of it while you navigate a challenging time. Whether it is transitioning into motherhood, feeling anxious, or struggling with negative body image and disordered eating, Lauren works collaboratively with you to build confidence and coping skills. She is warm and supportive, her counseling style combines techniques from cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, and compassion focused therapy. Before private practice, Lauren worked as an inpatient and outpatient therapist for a hospital based eating disorders program, and was a behavioral health provider for an obstetrics and gynecological clinic, assisting women with pregnancy and postpartum concerns, and the many other stressors that women can face.
When she is not working, Lauren enjoys running, exploring the trails of Oregon and visiting national parks with her husband; they hope to see a national park in every state that has one.
Education and training
- BA from Kenyon College in Ohio, graduating with highest honors
- MA in Social Work from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Extensive Postgraduate Training in Eating Disorders
- Continuing Education in Mindfulness, Trauma Informed Care, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Substance Use in Pregnancy, and Anxiety Disorders
- Columbia River Eating Disorder Network